Browse by Category
- Carpet Cleaning Equipment
- Vacuum Cleaners
- Natural Stone Cleaning
- Tile and Grout
- Floor Cleaning Equipment
- Carpet Repair and Reinstallation
- Wood Floor Equipment
- Dehumidifiers and Desiccants
- Demolition Tools & Accessories
- Flood and Water Extraction
- Negative Air and HEPA Air Scrubbers
- Airmovers and Blowers
- Fire, Smoke and Odor Equipment
- Meters and Testing Tools
- Thermal Imaging
- Wall Cavity Drying and Floor Drying
- Specialty Heat Drying and Air Conditioning
- Power Distribution
- Pressure Washers and Tools
- Accessories and Supplies
- Hoses and Accessories
- Buckets, Bottles and Containers
- Holders: Bottles/Tabs/Blocks
- Brushes, Brooms, Bonnets and Encap Pads
- Trash Bags and Liners
- Layflat and Reinforced Ducting
- Poly Sheeting
- Filters (all types)
- Fire and Smoke Accessories
- Safety and PPE
- Floor Pads
- Storm and Pack-Out Supplies
- Foam Blocks, Tabs and Corner Guards
- Carpet Grooming, Brushes and Rakes
- Rags, Towels, Sponges and Wipes
- Extension Poles and Handles
- Stone Restoration Products
- Concrete Polishing Supplies
- Carpet Cleaning
- Spot and Stain Removers
- Oriental Rug Cleaning Chemicals
- Leather Cleaning
- Tile and Grout Cleaning and Sealing
- Odor Control, Remover and Sealers
- Natural Stone Care
- VCT Floor Care
- Mold Encapsulants and Coatings
- Fire, Soot and Smoke
- Antimicrobials, Disinfectants and Sanitizers
- HVAC Cleaners and Coatings
- Safety and PPE
- Shop by Brand
- Clearance Items
- Rental Equipment
Recently Viewed Products
IAQ 8500 Black HVAC Insulation Sealer - PL
Fiberlock HVAC Black Insulation Sealer IAQ 8500
IAQ 8500 is trusted for use in duct work, to bridge and reinforce duct liner or duct board insulation materials, and to seal unlined duct work prior to component removal, preventing fiberglass and inanimate particulate from becoming airborne. IAQ 8500 forms a durable, flexible, moisture-resistant protective coating with a semi-gloss finish that minimizes dust buildup on the coating surface. The high viscosity provides maximum bridging ability on insulation materials and reduces sagging and dripping when applied to the vertical and top surfaces of unlined duct.
Successfully tested to ASTM standard C-411 “Hot Surface Performance of a Coating on Glass Fiber Blanket Insulation”, ASTM E-84 Class A fire rated, meets requirements of NFPA 90A/90B standard.
*Resistant to mold growth on the dry coating surface only
- High viscosity for maximum bridging ability
- Reduces sagging and dripping
- Meets NFPA 90A/90B
- Resurfaces and encapsulates fiberglass lined duct work
- Resists mold growth*
*Resists mold growth on the dry coating surface only
Clean and remove all dust and loose particulate from ductwork, being careful not to damage insulation. Follow duct manufacturer’s instructions for proper cleaning.
Apply IAQ 8500 with brush, roller or airless spray equipment.
- Brush: Synthetic, nylon or polyester bristle
- Roller: Synthetic Fiber 3/8” nap or longer
- Spray Settings: Pressure: 2500-3000 P.S.I. Tips: .019 to .023 tips
Prior to application, mix thoroughly to achieve a uniform consistency. Apply IAQ 8500 to all surfaces by brush or airless spray. Application rate will vary depending on porosity of the insulation. Apply one coat by airless spray, or two coats by brush. Porous surfaces may require additional coats. Ensure that surfaces are completely sealed. Circulate fresh air through the HVAC system to help dry the coating. Exhaust air outside the building. IAQ 8500 can be applied using HVAC robotic spray applicators (contact Fiberlock for more information).
- Smooth Surfaces: 200-600 sq. ft./gal.
- Porous Surfaces: 75-175 sq. ft./gal.
- @ 70°F 50% R.H
- To Touch – 1-2 hours
- To Recoat – 4-8 hours
Clean tools and drippings with warm soapy water before IAQ 8500 dries. Dispose of all waste according to all existing local, state, and federal regulations.
Store in a dry place at temperatures between 40°F (4.5°C) and 90°F. (32°C). Stir thoroughly. Do not mix with any other coatings, solvents or colors in oil. The IAQ 8500 coating is resistant to mold only on the surface of the coating. No mold resistance claim is made other than to the coating itself. The use of this product does not protect users or others against food-borne or disease-causing bacteria, viruses, germs or other disease-causing organisms. Do not apply when air or surface temperature is below 50°F, or when drying conditions are poor or when surfaces are above a 15% moisture level content. Use adequate ventilation during application. When applying with a sprayer, wear a NIOSH approved respirator with any R, P, N or HE filter. For interior use only. Check with local building code enforcement authority for any additional requirements.
We always strive to offer the best pricing on vehicles and equipment, but even with the best prices, equipment is still costly. Knowing that we have partnered with the best of the best in commercial lending, giving you plenty of options when it comes to financing so that you are able to get what you want at payments you can afford. Unlike some dealers, we are not tied to any one particular lender and have options for every kind of business model and credit history to ensure you get approved for whatever it is you need.